May 19: In the Corners Mini Workshops
1) Reclaiming wool yarn: Dawn will teach a session on reclaiming wool from existing sweaters.
All materials provided.
Five dollar fee.
Limited to eight people.
2) Woven flowers on round looms: Laura will teach people how to make flower looms from simple materials then weave flowers from scrap handspun. You may remember flowers given at our St. Fleecia Day celebration December 2011. Please bring:
1. yogurt lids, or other similar, round plastic lids
2. scissors for cutting the plastic lids
3. marker pen to trace out the shape on plastic lids
4. scrap yarn, 5 yards or so, but smaller scraps can be utilized. Even weaving thrums can be used. Very nice way to use those small dye workshop samples.
5. a yarn needle (I'll bring some spares)
6. safety pins if you want to turn flowers into pins
3) Woven Lavendar Wands: Lisa will show how to weave lavendar wands. Please bring:
~ freshly cut long-stemmed lavendar
~ thin (1/8") ribbon or yarn
Additional ribbon and lavender will be available for those without.
9AM May 19: Board Meeting to finalize calendar for 2013-14 Program year. Everyone welcome to attend.
June 30 - Sit Some, Spin Some, Yak Some, Snack Some with Extensive Show and Tell
Connect with other members, ask for help with specific techniques, share food and conversation, and catch up on your spinning projects.
Bring those treasures you found at the many fairs and fiber events and projects recently completed.
Prize winning entries from San Mateo County Fair and Contra Costa County fair will be returned by our end of June meeting, but not entries in other fairs. We want to see what you’ve accomplished.
Please consider paying your dues in June and NOT waiting for September due date.
THINGS TO BRING
- Show and Tell projects, recent finds and County Fair entries
- Completed items from May’s mini workshops
- Spinning project
- Food / munchies to share
- $30 dues for 2013-14 program year
- Library Materials: due and overdue
- Mug for coffee or tea
Proposed Calendar for 2013-14 Program Year
- Aug 23-25: Retreat to Windrush Farms
- Sept 22
- Oct 27
- Nov 24
- Dec 8: St. Fleecia Day Celebration & Party
- Jan 26, 2014
- Feb TBD
- March 23
- April TBD
- May TBD
- June TBD